Monday 29 July 2024

[2024] Madonna - Causing A Commotion (BLR)

[2024] Madonna - Causing A Commotion (BLR)

For me Madonna is a strange musical entity. There is no doubting that she is brilliant at what she does, specially live. And her influence on modern culture is of course amazing. But for me she's another singles artist and I just find her albums very disjointed. Lots of padding and filler and very little killer. I also just can't get into anything she's released after 1998's Ray Of Light album. All her albums are listenable, but I just find them a little bland. I was putting together next months playlist and wanted to put in Causing A Commotion, but then I thought I may as well do this. Her greatest hits albums either miss out a great song or are filled with filler. So here's a compilation of all the Madonna songs I like. Images are taken from an 1979 Martin H.M. Schreiber photoshoot.




[2024] Madonna - Causing A Commotion (BLR)

1 comment:

  1. My first crush,,,, my bedroom wall was adorned with Madonna posters until '86/87 (When I discovered Metal at 12! ) ... those first 3 albums were amazing and I still listen now . I remember the absolute bollocking I got when my mum found the Penthouse hidden in my bedroom that had these exclusive pictures in ... Angel is a fave song. I even liked the whole of the Who's that Girl Soundtrack!.... I was fully immersed in Iron Maiden and LA Guns by the time Like a Prayer came out ... but she's done some good stuff since then (and a bit of old tosh as well) ...

    ReplyDelete