Friday 21 October 2022

The City Kids... Filth

I don't do reviews but JJ Watt sent me an early copy of The City Kids upcoming release Filth. Very rarely do you find an easy 10 out of 10 album, but this is one of them, and it leaps straight into my top 5 albums of the year. Growling vocals, catchy melodies and scorching riffs. These are sing-a-long songs that would make Ginger and Mike Ness jealous. Take Motörhead, from where The City Kids take their name, and The Supersuckers, add a good helping of The Streetwalkin' Cheetahs and The Wildhearts and you get a record that is simply astonishingly brilliant. The City Kids should be a name on everyone who loves hard driving sleazy Punk Rock 'N' Rolls lips, and I think this album will do exactly that. Make sure to pre-order. The first 100 copies comes with a limited bonus CD. If I have to recommend one album that I promote on the Blog that you must have this year it is Filth. Out 25th of November.



The City Kids

2 comments: