Tuesday 7 February 2023

Break From Posting....

My house is pretty much totalled and will need a rebuild according to my case manager. I guess being flooded with sewer water and a million nasty things will do that. Black mould is starting to take hold even though the house is pretty dry now. Get's in the walls and the joists and under the floorboards etc. I'm only supposed to go in for short periods of time being yellow stickered. Anyhoo I found an old thumbdrive that wasn't ruined so I'll be posting something in the next day or so. Many thanks to all the messages and emails they're greatly appreciated. Quick video of when the water started rising. Rose about another 3 or 4 feet. It is what it is.


6 comments:

  1. Hey nik, we all feel for you, I had flood damage (not as bad as you) at last property and current rented property got flooded about 2 years ago when local canal flooded, we had a foot of water, and as property is an ancient cottage, It's still damp :( but nowhere near what you've suffered, our thoughts are with you mate (Marmike)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hows it going Nik? hope your isurance or government help you? thoughts are with you Pal (Marmike)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No news, No insurance and the government are useless. I'm all good though.

      Delete
  3. I've been away on holiday and missed your news. Sorry to see/hear about your flooding. Best wishes from the uk. Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Nik. So sorry to learn about the ordeal you've been through. Wishing you all the best, mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ''No news, No insurance and the government are useless'' That's so sad to hear Nik. I was'nt insured my first flood ,was awful mate so you have my deepest sympathies , I can only wish for things to improve for you my friend (Marmike)

    ReplyDelete