Wednesday 5 July 2023

Babymetal...

I've been a fan of Babymetal from the beginning. I just love the eccentricity and quirkiness of a lot of Japanese things. Noticeable from some of my previous posts. So you take three girls from twee Idol schools and put them together with growling heavy metal and create a mystique around the supernatural Fox God. It's a formula that shouldn't really work, but it does, and so you get this new genre of  Death Pop. Another niche product from Japan like invisible man wrestling and used panties vending machines. It's something that probably shouldn't have had much of an audience outside of Japan, but the world took notice and the legend was born. Here are two collections... A collection of Live Album Vinyl Rips and all the singles I have. Highly recommended for both new and old fans.

[2021] Babymetal - Legends Live Vinyl Series (11 LP)

[2021] Babymetal - Legends Live Vinyl Series (11 LP)

[2023] Babymetal - Collected Singles


[2023] Babymetal - Collected Singles


2 comments:

  1. 'I just love the eccentricity and quirkiness of a lot of Japanese things' Me too Nik... dont get me started On Japanese Movies..... lol , I was unaware of these until someone requested so I checked out some Youtube stuff.... was a bit unsure but it does grow on you, it's another good adition to your diverse and fantactic blog.... I'm not quite a fan of this yet...but i'm gradually geetting there :) Thanks (Marmike)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a really shit day today. Coming home to this has cheered me up no end. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete