Friday 29 December 2023

Johnny Thunders Tribute Albums

Johnny Thunders Tribute Albums 

The ever generous Rick Rose Rude sent me these several months ago. I've been waiting until my birthday today to post them all special. Yes there's some shonky covers, and there's some average attempts, but in the majority they're awesome tributes to the man himself. I recommend every single one, and once again a million thanks to Rick. 

[1997] VA- Stranded In The Doll's House (A Tribute To Johnny Thunders & Jerry Nolan)


[1997] VA- Stranded In The Doll's House (A Tribute To Johnny Thunders & Jerry Nolan)

[1999] VA- I Only Play R'n'R For Kids To Dance (A Tribute To Johnny Thunders)


[1999] VA- I Only Play R'n'R For Kids To Dance (A Tribute To Johnny Thunders)

[2002] VA- Born To Lose (A Tribute To Johnny Thunders)


[2002] VA- Born To Lose (A Tribute To Johnny Thunders)

[2002] VA- I Only Wrote This Song For You (A Tribute To Johnny Thunders)


[2002] VA- I Only Wrote This Song For You (A Tribute To Johnny Thunders)

[2009] VA- Born to Lose  (A Tribute To Johnny Thunders)(3CD)


[2009] VA- Born to Lose (A Tribute To Johnny Thunders)(3CD)

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Nik and have a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tribute compilations and Happy Birthday to you!!
    NYDolls/Heartbreakers camp are always great and nice to hear Jerry Nolan mentioned.
    It would be a dream to have Jerry's songs on a compilation.
    Didn't he sometimes sing "Take A Chance" and maybe even "Can't Keep My Eyes" at the early Heartbreakers gigs, later Walter sang the songs, anyway.
    Have a great day!
    Cheers
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Nik!! (My sisters Birthday today too) :) Have a great day (Marmike)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey !!! Happy Birthday and thank you 4 Thunder's tributes !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nik,
    Hope you're doing OK.
    Thanks for another great post!…
    And have a Happy Birthday!
    Take Care!
    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many many happy years ahead !!!
    cheers for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am big time techtard… I know how to download with MEGA but in how do I download files from this download site & the various other download sites? Thanks in advance!!

    ReplyDelete