Tuesday 26 March 2024

[2024] Echobelly - Here Comes The Scene (B-Sides)(BLR)

[2024] Echobelly - Here Comes The Scene (B-Sides)(BLR)

For me Britpop was a strange beast. In the main it was a singles driven movement with full albums seemingly chock full of throw away nonsense. You had of course standouts like Suede, Placebo, Oasis, Elastica, Menswear and Echobelly. I never, and will never consider Manic Street Preachers as Britpop. But then you had the "Singles" bands like Blur, The Verve, The La's and Pulp mixed with bandwagon "One Hit Wonders" like Space, Ride, Ocean Colour Scene and Reef etc. One of my favourites to this day is Echobelly, and I don't think they really got the chance to shine outside of the UK. It's just well crafted, well delivered Pop Rock or Britpop or whatever you want to call it, and is as fresh today as it was in the early to mid 90's. Hopefully this collection will garner them some new fans. I also had a wee crush on Sonya, but that's a secret!




[2024] Echobelly - Here Comes The Scene (B-Sides)(BLR)




6 comments:

  1. Nice Nik :) was just playing a Comp of Echobelly and Sleeper in the car at the weekend How about a sleeper best off /rarities/ introduction to? etc (Marmike)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleeper collection has been on the go for 2 years. It will be coming shortly sir!

      Delete
    2. :) (Marmike)

      Delete
  2. Loved Sleeper ....., how about the band Marion ?...'I Stopped Dancing; is my britpop anthem.. I thought the singer was interesting ... but didn' t really like any of their other songs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleeper is coming shortly. Never liked Marion. Another one in my "One Hit Wonders" Britpop list.

      Delete
    2. Jamie Harding the singer stole my leather Jacket from Derby Flowerpot in 1996 it probably looked better on him LOL (Marmike)

      Delete