Monday 28 November 2022

[2022] Nirvana - You Know You're Right

[2022] Nirvana - You Know You're Right (B-Sides etc) 

Compilation of B-Sides, Bonus, Non-Album Tracks, Covers and Rarities. I don't like "Grunge" apart from Nirvana, with Bleach being my favourite album, and the, in my opinion only true "Grunge" album there is. There were so called "Grunge" bands before that, but I think Bleach is the best representation of the whole genre. When record companies started showing interest in "Grunge" they seemed to focus solely on cookie cutter clones of Nirvana. There are individual songs by bands that I like, but mostly I find the whole "Grunge" thing tedious. I love Mother Love Bone, but I've never seen them as a true"Grunge" band even though they are lumped in with the genre on all the lists. In fact a lot of the bands on those "Grunge" artist lists I don't see as "Grunge". How the brilliant Jane's Addiction are labelled "Grunge" is beyond me. This compilation I have put together is from as many of the original sources that I have, so the quality does vary. With the three official releases and now this, I think it's all the Nirvana you will ever need.



[2022] Nirvana - You Know You're Right (B-Sides etc)

1 comment:

  1. Very good compilation, thank you, Nik! I have always loved The Fluid more than Nirvana, but they were probably more a high energy rock n roll band (Stooges revival) than a true grunge group....

    ReplyDelete